Pc laptop advise!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Free Ale, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Free Ale macrumors member

Free Ale

Hey guys, sorry for the pc related thread! This computer is for my girlfriend. I will be getting the retina MacBook pro.

She has a budget of about 700. She's not very tech savvy and will use it for: YouTube, Facebook, word processing, other things a college girl does. I know, not much.

I feel like she's relying on me heavily to find her a nice laptop, which I really want to. I was wondering if I could find a laptop with like: 128GB SSD, core i5 1.6-8+ 3rd gen, 4gb ram, and not a terrible pc screen.

This is asking a lot for 700.. But I was wondering if anyone just give advice why I should get laptop A over laptop B.

I am really grateful to everyone who helps!

2. Jb07 macrumors 6502

I don't think you can find a laptop with those specs for $700. Plus, for the usage you specified, she doesn't need those specs. I would take a look at the Lenovo U310. It's a well built laptop with good specs and Lenovos tend to be better quality than your average Windows notebook.

3. kd5jos macrumors 6502

kd5jos

She's probably relying on you to kick in the extra $400 to get a MBA (based on the specs you just listed, they just HAPPEN to EXACTLY match an MBA).

I know because I got one for my mother, same type of use, same specs.

4. boomboom2 macrumors regular

If you search newegg.com there are actually some ultrabooks there for $700 although they usually only have 20GB SSD for the OS and a tradition HDD for the bulk of your files.