PC laptop help-i know

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cuestakid, Oct 13, 2007.

1. cuestakid macrumors 68000

First of all I know this is a mac help place but this problem is kinda two fold and I can't seem to fix either.

My friend has a laptop that is dad got him Asia a while back. It is a Fujistu FPC06005AK-its no longer made. The problems are that the machine is riddled with spyware and viruses but i can not remove them because each time I have tried to run scans, the machine heats up, then shuts down-it does this while on ac power, on ac power without the battery- i cant try using the battery because the battery itself is going bad.

So here is my question-I know I can't fix the heat part but is there any way that I can get rid of everything else?

I would run scans but the computer shuts down each time I try to do one it crashes

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

thats what im beginning to think-though i dont have the disk-i have a dell one but i doubt it will work-he has something called DISE_BACKUP in my computer-is that like a built in reinstall?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

The Dell one more then likely reads for a Dell BIOS.

I don't know how Fujitsu handles its recovery.

5. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

well i did a little more research and if i can reinstall it somehow, i believe that I have found the drivers for the machine though no real idea of how to do so

i will also mention that so far, the machine has not restarted while doing a scan-though i am clinging to hope that it will finish and that i can delete everything before it reboots

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

If it's seriously that badly infected, it's best to reinstall Windows.

7. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Just do the scan from safe mode (F8 at boot).

If the laptop was never reloaded, it should have a restore partition, and/or a utility for creating restore discs.

8. cuestakid thread starter macrumors 68000

well for whatever reason-the computer started functioning fine-in the sense that it was not randomly shutting down. This allowed me to run all my scans multiple times and at current time, the machine appears to be clean-several anti virus and anti spyware scans later, though.

so it appears that no reinstall would be necessary. Though the fans are still very loud, which can mean multiple things

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Check the number of processes running and the CPU usage.

We might have to go as far as a HijackThis log.

10. Parsec macrumors member

Maybe the fans ar dirty with dust and can't keep the cpu cool enough and need to keep running at max capacity.

Later, Parsec

11. confucious42 macrumors newbie

I don't know if this will help, but I just reinstalled windows on my laptop, with my dell install cd, it worked fine... try yours it might work.

Also, buy/build a cooling pad, those seem to help my laptop quite a bit as far as heat goes.