Pc less iPhoto library and new photos from DLSR

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by lowry0031, Oct 28, 2011.

1. lowry0031 macrumors newbie

I no longer have my MacBook Pro as it was my old work computer. I took my iPhoto library and put it on an external. (about 20gb). I am looking for a solution to import and store my iPhoto library and new photos that would NOT require me to purchase a new Mac. I have an iPad 2 (16gb) and an iPhone 4S (16gb).
    An idea was to purchase the iPad camera connection kit and upload new DSLR photos to Picasa or other cloud storage like Dropbox. But those are for NEW pictures. What do I do with my existing iPhoto library if I do NOT have access to a Mac to upload the library to the cloud.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Do you have access to any computer? If not, you're out of luck. If so, just open the iPhoto library (it should be a folder), and all of your photos are in the "Originals" folder.

3. odagled2004 macrumors newbie

This may seem weird... but how about you go to the Apple store. Take your library, right click it, "show contents" then find the originals and save them to a USB flash drive? Just play it cool... :cool:

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

You can buy a hard drive that allows you to transfer directly from the camera. btw how are you gonna function without a computer is beyond me??

5. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I think what he's saying is he has a COMPUTER. It's just not a Mac.
    And he's stuck with an iPhoto library that can only open on Macs.

So for those pictures, I'd say go the Apple Store route, and just transfer the pictures to a flash drive (Or email, or use cloud storage, etc). For new pictures, use a connection kit for iPad.