PC/Mac iPod Touch Question...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by derryquinn, Oct 7, 2007.

1. derryquinn macrumors 6502

derryquinn

I bought an iPod Touch in America(im in ireland and it's cheaper there) and I'll be going to collect it soon when I'm on holidays in Floriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiida! :D:eek::D

Anyway, my friend has only a :apple:Mac and chances are I'll want to listen to my touch while I'm there, I have a PC:rolleyes: back in Ireland, so;

If i synch with his mac while in America, can I then go back home and use with my PC?:(

I'm guessing(read: hoping!!!) the answer is yes, but I'd like some confirmation:D

2. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

yes it will work back home ... but you may need to format it for windows as if you plug it into a mac computer it doesnt work with windows ... but plug it into a windows first and it works with mac ... i think. Although havent used windows in about 3 months at least ! so i may be wrong

3. imperator macrumors newbie

I think the poster was asking specifically about the touch, since it seems to have different disk behaviour to other models.

I was wondering the same - would like to sync from my work PC and my Macbook.

Its a pain about the whole disk mode thing! :mad:

4. AppleMatt389 macrumors regular

From what I understand, since it no longer uses disk mode, there are no issues with FAT32 and blah blah blah file settings. When I first connected my touch to my mac I was like, NOOO! But, I don't think it matters. Because when I looked at the summary info of my touch in iTunes, there was no mention of Windows or Mac formatted.

To cut down all that crap that I just wrote down, I don't think it matters with the touch.

:apple:Matt

5. derryquinn thread starter macrumors 6502

derryquinn

Go raibh Míle Maith Agaibh<---email me if you can translate that!derryquinn@gmail.com

:DThanks Guys!

Next Time, I'll just buy a Macbook though...