PC/Mac program to view photos like iPhone does (by date added)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JFetter, Dec 16, 2015.

1. JFetter macrumors newbie

So I recently started using iCloud, and between my iPhone and iPad things are getting confusing.
    iPad names new photos IMG_0xxx, iPhone names new photos IMG_7xxx.

Everything is great on the devices though, because "All Photos" sorts images by the date they were added.
    So my iPad photo "IMG_0134" doesn't show up at the beginning of the list like it would if you sorted by filename, rather it is sorted by whenever I saved that particular photo.
    So, no problem....... until you go to view these pictures on a computer.

All I'm trying to do is manually back up the oldest part of my photo collection to my PC hard drive.

I don't like thousands of pictures on my devices, so I let it get to about 1,000 photos, and then I will take the oldest 500 photos and move to my PC, organize into folders, etc. and REMOVE them from the iCloud system.

Then when my photos grow from 500 up to 1,000 again - rinse and repeat.

So I need an easy way to "select" and copy the oldest 500 photos in my "all photos" album.
    A program like "Windows Explorer" or "Picassa", with a sorting system that is by date added exactly like the iPhone.

Thank you!

2. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

I haven't used Picassa in a long time, but I sure thought it had a sort by date capability. On a Mac, the Photos app is very similar to the Photos app on the iPhone.