PC Monitor on MBP question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lucasblue, Feb 27, 2008.

1. lucasblue macrumors newbie

Hey MR, I finally made the crossover from PC to Mac when I purchased the MBP with yesterday's update. For the last 4 years I've been using a Sony Vaio which has help up pretty well for a 4 y/o PC laptop. I also have an external Dell flatscreen monitor which I've used for photo editing etc...

I know that the MBP has a different external moniter input from PC. My question to you is, are there any converters so I can use my Dell monitor on my MBP? Or am I hopeless and should just goto eBay? Thanks

2. scotty91 macrumors newbie

You should just be able to connect it out of the box. My MBP (From last year) has the DVI port like they all do, but also came with a VGA adaptor. I use a "PC" monitor with no problems :)

3. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Well, the MBP has a DVI-I connection and comes (or at least did when I bought mine) with a DVI to VGA adapter. So the Dell monitor should have one or both of those two inputs.

4. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Your LCD probably also has a DVI input, which would provide higher quality than the VGA you are using now.

5. lucasblue thread starter macrumors newbie

cool, thanks guys i'll let you know how it goes when it arrives next week.

6. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

and from the unboxing pictures ive seen it looks like apple does still include the DVI-VGA adapter

7. bamf macrumors 6502

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian