PC on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by doandy09, Apr 19, 2011.

1. doandy09 macrumors member

I have heard of logmein and splash top. Which one is better and will I be able to connect with my PC if I left it at home on another network and try to access it at my school? Also with these programs does my computer have to be open, I know it has to be on but can it be on stand by or alsleep(closing the laptop) ?

2. scwatkins77 macrumors newbie

LogMeIn is awesome. It has a a full remote control function that allows you to see and control your PC right from the iPad screen. In addition, it includes a file-system browser so that you can browse, search, view and move files to and from the iPad quickly and easily. Smooth as silk, very fast, very stable. Highly recommended! It even supports wake-on-LAN, so you can turn your computer on remotely (provided, of course, that the computer's BIOS supports WOL). Awesome product!

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

4. WesCole macrumors 6502a

5. sasessiontc macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

And another for logmein. I highly recommend it. If you need access to multiple computers this is especially easy and convenient. Ive run other remote vncs before and the speed and quality is incredible. Go for it! Worth the money.

6. brudog68 macrumors 6502

Is logmein easy to setup and use while 3G? Does it have audio like splash top?

7. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Efffffff logmein..

Run more software, rely on a company's server for access, and charge a ton... Why?

Get something like pocket cloud for 1/3 the price.

8. sasessiontc macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I could agree, but it's situation dependent. Running many remote computers when issues arrive, I have found logmein to be very beneficial. It is rather pricy for the app, but logmein does provide a great free service package.

Itunnel could also be used as a vnc client. I used it for a while and thought it was pretty cool.

9. THFourteen macrumors 6502

10. jdcell100 macrumors regular

11. MacDaddy08 macrumors regular

MacDaddy08

+1000

Teamviewer is the way to go. It's completely free, for the account and the basic app, and it allows you full control of any computer that is on your account. You can also use it to quick access other computers that aren't on your account just by having them go to teamviewer.com and downloading the quick support app. It launches, gives them a ID and password, they give it to you and you input it into your Teamviewer app and pop, now you have access to their computer. It's great for family or friends that you don't want to be able to access anytime, the app deletes from their computer when the session stops.

I used to use Logmein before I found Teamviewer, like it much better.

12. doandy09 thread starter macrumors member

it seems with all thesse programs if it is in sleep mode it won't work becaue it would just mirror a blankscreen so an issue is if I leave my computer at home and it goes inti sleep mode because I'm not using it on the iPad while I'm in class constantly I will just get a blank screen. is there a way to get around
    that?

13. goMac macrumors 603

...can't you just wake the computer screen back up with a tap?

If the entire machine is going to sleep, then no. You need to turn off sleep.

14. torid110 macrumors regular

+1 for pocketcloud. i use the free version which basically allows you to "save" one server on your list. Easy enough to go in and change the server you are connecting to. If you pay for the pro version you get multiple connections, sound support over RDP, etc. It supports both RDP and VNC which is cool also.

15. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

SPLASHTOP rules because you can stream video and sound over wifi or 3g and its cheap 4.99! then i would use teamviewer as a backup because of the price $0.

16. BadaBing!! macrumors 6502

BadaBing!!

+1 for Splashtop (I use it both on WFI and 3G and it's awesome)

Teamviewer is good to and easier to get it working for you to connect over 3G.

For VNC and RDP, Jump Desktop.