PC Outlook to Mac Mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DotCom2, Oct 30, 2014.

1. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Long time PC user here running Outlook for Windows and will be moving to the iMac next week. I've googled how to move pc outlook to Mail but I can't seem to find anything that doesn't look convoluted.

I did see an app called O2M that looked very easy but the latest version is dated 2007! I emailed them but no response.
    Are they still in business?

Anyway, does any one know of a simple solution to move Outlook to Mac?

Thanks in advance.

2. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

If you move your email account from POP3 to IMAP, the email server will put all your email folders in the new Mac Mail client when you setup your Mac. Always go IMAP when possible.

3. DotCom2 thread starter macrumors 68040

Yes, I heard that but unfortunately that is not an option for me but thanks.

4. campyguy macrumors 68040

You'll need a 3rd program/application to get from Windows Outlook to the Apple Mail application. There's a "free but it's a bit of a pain" option, and there's a couple of paid options. The free option and one of the paid options both work well - I've used them both and they're outlined on Macworld's web site:
    http://www.macworld.com/article/2151263/importing-windows-outlook-messages-into-apples-mail.html

Another paid option that works pretty well on the Windows side is Tech Hit's MessageSave for Outlook, which also has a free trial. I've only used the paid version and it worked well. Think of them as "file format converters".

FWIW, I use all 3 mail apps - Outlook 2013, Outlook 2011, and Apple Mail.

Also, you didn't list which version of Windows Outlook you're using - 2007's file format is quite different than 2013's, but the above 3 solutions should get you where you need to go...