PC recognizes iPhone (and then not) every 30secs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rabbit654, Apr 10, 2015.

1. rabbit654 macrumors newbie

Kinda of hard to explain but... When I plug my iphone into my computer it is detected, charges, and is recognized by iTunes for a few secs, and then becomes undetected/unrecognized for a split second before working again, repeating this cycle indefinitely.
    iTunes gives an error message of, "an iphone has been detected but is not recognized.." multiple times in a row.

Things I've tried:
    Disconnecting the phone and plugging it in again
    Restarting PC
    Restarting Iphone
    Trying a different USB cable
    Re-installing iTunes
    Re-installing the iPhone driver

Notes:
    Other USB devices work fine with the ports on this computer.
    I've tried connecting 2 other iPhones to this computer, they all give the same error.
    My iPhone works fine when connected to my other computer.

Specs:
    iPhone 4S, 7.1(?) / iPhone 4S 8.3
    Alienware 17 R4, Windows 8.1

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

2. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

I have seen this error a few times and it was always caused by a defective cable but you said you tried another cable. I would look for another cable but .......

3. rabbit654 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah man, I tried two other cables actually (one of them brand-new), neither of them fix the problem. And the main one I was using works on my other pc so I'm sure its something beside the cable messing up, just have literally no idea what it is at this point... :/

4. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

The problem sure looks like a problem with your computer. Have you checked Device manager for status of your USB ports after the error occurs? It might be a pita, but look in device manager with the phone attached and see if you can reload the driver for the phone.