Pc ruining Apple?>

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Gears of Apple, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Gears of Apple macrumors newbie

I am thinking on building my own PC. Could I add apple operating system onto one of the HDD and have it start up at boot screen if i wanted?

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

It's a violation of the Apple OS license to do so, but it's technically possible to do, if you purchase all of the right components of your PC. You can google around to find more specific information.

3. Gears of Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping there was going to be a legal way to do it.. As Apple has boot camp.

anyone have any expreince with a Macintosh? Or is it too ilegal to talk about lol

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Try the insanelymac.com forum or the osx86 forum.

It is called hackintosh, and there are some threads about it here, but you will get more hep in a forum that's dedicated to hackintoshing.

It is not illegal, but it is a violation of the EULA. If you are just doing it for yourself, and buy a legit copy of OSx, Apple isn't going to really do anything about it. If you start building computers and selling them with OSx, then you will have the Apple attorneys barking at your door.

It is not a trivial task. If you are experienced building PCs, and troubleshooting hardware issues and debugging software, then it can be done, but it's not necessarily the most stable way to go.