PC Tech Help (Hardware)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Link2999, Jan 9, 2010.

  1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

    Jul 12, 2008
    What's the best site to find expert PC tech support for actual hardware? I'm trying to fix one of my old laptops myself and I believe I know what's wrong with it. I opened it all up, found a broken piece and I think I know where it's broken off of but I don't know what it would be doing broken off of that spot. It's a Compaq Persario 2100 by the way, and if anyone here could actually help me I took some pictures. What's wrong with it is that it won't take a charge, not because of the battery, but the actual metal piece that takes the charge from the cable got loose from the motherboard (or so I thought anyways).

    Here's the broken piece:


    Charge Hole:


    Black Box (On other side of charge hole), it's loose and the small metal piece coming out of it is where I believe the broken piece broke off of:


    Little better view of metal piece coming out of black box:

  2. toolbox macrumors 68020


    Oct 6, 2007
    Australia (WA)
  3. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Jul 12, 2008
    ^ I looked through it and it doesn't really seem to focus on the physical hardware.

Share This Page