PC to iMac TB via Intensity Extreme?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by pghmitch, Oct 23, 2011.

1. pghmitch macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I know that you can only connect TB devices to the TB display and the iMac TB models via another macs with TB but I found this device that has the means of transferring video via TB. Do you think that putting the iMac into display mode we could use this device to display pretty much whatever we wanted? I couldn't find much useful information on the specifics of this but just wanted to put it out there. It may just be a data stream that only their software can interpret and not a video signal for display purposes. Not being able to use my 27" iMac's display for my PC games is killing me. Why can't someone just make a video card with TB display out... aaaarrrrgggghhhh.

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/intensity/

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

I looked at the specs and it is thunderbolt TO other devices, not other devices to thunderbolt.
    The device isn't shipping until Q4 and hasn't been delivered yet.

3. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

After research into this problem myself, I think the easiest solution is just to buy a 24" or 27" 1080P 120Hz TN monitor for gaming if you have the room. It will be less stressful for the GPU than the 27" IPS screen and have much faster response time best suited for gaming.

I’d not wait for a TB graphic card anytime soon, as there are no Windows PC and monitor manufactures currently make TB equipped devices. The only mac can use the TB graphic card is the mac pro, and AMD/NVidia aren’t going to waste R&D money and increase manufacture cost of their cards to carter for such a small user base.