Pc to ipod

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jo149, Sep 28, 2011.

1. jo149 macrumors newbie

I'm trying to copy music I downloaded from Vodafone live to my ipod, but not getting anywhere! Any advice as to how to do this? I have copied the vodafone download to a folder and trying to copy onto ipod but not letting me! PLEASE HELP!!

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

It will need to be copied to iTunes on the computer that your iPod syncs with. From there it can be added to the iPod.

3. jo149 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but I kmow that. Just dont know how to copy to itumes, tried dragging files etc but getting nowhere.

4. Bernard SG macrumors 65816

Bernard SG

5. jo149 thread starter macrumors newbie

music to ipod

Hi is was copied from Vodafone live - I think it was MP3

6. transmaster, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011

transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

There are about 5 "flavors" of MP3's I can think of the one your iPod will play is MP3 Lame. If it is not one of the formats an iPod will play iTunes will not except the transfer. Simple fix however, go here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm
    I have used this codex converter for many, many, years it is well worth the purchase price. It will convert every music codex to any other codex,WAV to WMA, WMA to Ogg, Ogg to Ape, Ape to Flac, Flac to Apple lossless and on and on, and on. The mass converter is really nifty, I have converted in one session over a gig's worth of Ogg Vorbis files to MP3 lame. What is sweet about this converter is it makes use of your multi processor CPU's by using each proccessor to concert a file, dual core, two at once, 4 core , 4 at once etc. it is very fast. It is unforunate there is not a version for Apple.:D