PC to Phone Unlimited US calling?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sleepyyellow, Nov 3, 2009.

1. sleepyyellow macrumors regular

hey all,

not quiet sure where to post this, but it seems like a place to post a random question.
    anyway i moved to europe, but i still try to keep in touch with friends and some business partners, which means like crazy expensive phone bills. then i started using skype with its unlimited world package, but i been having problems with them lately and they pretty much suck with their policies.
    now im trying to find a SIP/VOIP provider which allows me to pay monthly and i get unlimted US calling. i been looking at VOIPBUSTER.com which is cheaper then skype and i also looked at icall.com but my NAT is blocking it and its company router so i cant change any settings.

i google searching stuff but cant find anything interesting.

thanks, -s

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Can't you get Vonage or something, have it shipped to a US address, and get a US telephone number, and then have somebody ship it to you.
    Since it goes over IP, it won't be "Long distance" to call to US.

3. sleepyyellow thread starter macrumors regular

i dont know if that would work since the ip isnt really a US one unless i get a proxy too.
    otherwise i could also just get one of those http://www.ooma.com/ Ooma boxes which gives you no monthly fees and free US calling.

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I have Ooma and love it.
    All VOIP has some issues-but they have an awesome forum like MacRumors were everyone helps each other-works great.
    Lots of folks activate them in the US and then take them overseas.