Pc user, possible convert needs some advice please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Riskychris2012, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Riskychris2012 macrumors newbie

Greetings,

I am a life long windows user. I currently use a Sony Vaio Vpccw22fx, that I upgraded to 8gb of ram. I have for some time wanted to get a Macbook/pro to learn the OS X operating system. I have been flirting with buying a refurbished 15inch macbook pro from the apple site. This computer will cost me $ 1476.21 for last years model. I have the money but it is still a hefty purchase. I was thinking of buying an older Macbook (white one) off of craigs or ebay to learn about macs and the OS off of. Is there any models/years I should look into and are there models/years I should stay away from. One thing I would definitely want would be to be able to run the new mountain lion osx that is coming this July, at a decent level. Also maybe a model that is easily upgradable with ram and possible a new ssd drive. I was eyeing the 2010, white macbook MC516LL/A on ebay. But the used price seems to flucuate greatly, being new to macs, I am unsure of a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Peace :)

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

3. PAPO macrumors 6502

the 15" 2011 machines are still great powerhouses it might be hefty but the machine will give you great performance for a long time

4. Riskychris2012 thread starter macrumors newbie