PC Vid Editing for older lady...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by whyrichard, Apr 19, 2011.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey,

I usually edit video in final cut pro, and can probably pick up imovie pretty quickly, however I offered my wife's aunt to help her pick up video editing.

She has a PC
    Who knows what software she's got...

My questions is: What PC Software, easily available and possibly free, can you guys recommend for an older lady?

Thanks,
    r.

p.s. i of course will bring my macbook and give her the 'see how easy imovie is?' demo...

2. simsaladimbamba

Windows Movie Maker should be free, and it is included in Windows XP SP 3 as far as I know.

3. Synthion macrumors regular

Look at LightWorks, I personally have not used it that much but many have said it is amazing AND FREE! (Like pro-level amzaing) Unless you want to go with the great but pricey alts like AVID Studio and Premiere/Encore/AE

PS: Don't use WMM, in my experience it has been awful

4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Depending on how far she wants to take it, it may be cheaper/less time consuming to find a cheap older Mac Tower and dump iMovie '05/'06 on it, and let her go with that... (G4/500+ CRT+Keyb+Mouse = about $50 and will run iMovie '05 under 10.3 just fine - much easier than trying to remote tech support a Windows App.)