PC vs. Mac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Occamsrazr, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

I don't understand how people say, "oh well, the apple product doesn't have the specs that I want so I will just use a PC"

In that case, you never should have even considered an Apple product in the first place. The whole point of Apple products is the operating system and the software eco-system. Better hardware is always nice, but its never the point of an Apple computer.

Exception to the rule: retinal displays

2. Sue De Nimes macrumors 6502a

Sue De Nimes

Well if you want to use something like Adobe CS packages then it doesn't matter what OS you use as the UI on each application is the same no matter what OS you use.

In cases like that performance matters.

3. Occamsrazr thread starter macrumors 6502

Well then that person shouldn't have even considered Apple, because PCs will always give a lot more performance... period. And they will also give a lot more performance for the $$$.

4. leadfeather89 macrumors member

For an iMac?

----------

Yes!

5. Sue De Nimes macrumors 6502a

Sue De Nimes

I have to disagree. The iMac line in 2011 gave a fantastic amount of performance for the £££. In fact there wasn't anything from any other PC manufacturer that could compete.

Unfortunately we are now over a year on from that and it just doesn't cut the mustard. Buying a Mac shouldn't mean you have to accept second rate tech.

Oh, and just so you know Macs ARE PCs.

6. Melbourne Park macrumors 6502

And further, Apple's notebooks are not PCs ... they are notebooks. And Apple's new Macbook Pros can easily be faster than any iMac. Which is a clear sign that Apple now only values portable devices, and not the desktop. And the cost of a thunderbolt display adds insult to injury.