PC wired to a router and wirelles to airport?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bartoszbr, Jul 4, 2008.

  1. bartoszbr macrumors newbie

    Jun 28, 2008
    I have a PC connected to a router via ethernet cable, because in the instructions for the router it specified that at least one computer has to be. Now, I am planning on buying a wireless card for the pc and the airport express for a printer that is currently connected to that pc. I am going to move the printer with the airport to a different room. Would I be able to connect wirelessly to the aiport with the pc while maintaining a wired connection with the router?
    hopefully, this isn't too confusing.
  2. waw74 macrumors 68030

    May 27, 2008
    It sounds like your current setup is only one computer plugged directly into the box your internet provider gave you, and all you want to do is just move the printer to another room. if so then,
    you would have to set up what's called an "ad-hoc" network on the computer. (basically means initiated from a computer).
    the express can then join that network. You will probably have to hard wire the express to configure it. then move it once it's set up.

    You will also be able to plug speakers into the express, and have music in the other room.

Share This Page