PC World Business, very low prices

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hellhammer, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I was just surfing at Lenovo's site and noticed that they had one reseller called PC World Business and I went to their site, looked at computers and saw Apple there and had a look what they have. Prices were very low, mac pro was available for less than 1400£ and high end iMac was 1150£.

Anyone has bought from here? I'm not going to buy from there, just informating about such a cheap prices

http://www.pcwb.co.uk/catalogue/Computers/Apple/Desktop - Apple

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

They are only about £20 ($30) cheaper than Apple, not a massive difference, plus Apple gives you free delivery, and PC World charge you.

3. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Doesnt seem much cheaper to me.

Base iMac at PCWB - £769
    Base iMac at Apple - £782
    Mac Mini at PCWB - £387
    Mac Mini at Apple - £391
    Stock Mac Pro at PCWB - £1,654
    Stock Mac Pro At Apple - £1,712

Prices are only cheaper if you are actually a Business, so can purchase from this section of PC World, and can thus, claim back V.A.T

4. Hellhammer thread starter Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

200£ difference in high-end iMac. This is mostly for people who doesn't live in UK, becouse you can't order from UK store and ask 'em to ship it to other country.

1150£ is about 1200€ and high-end iMac costs 1919€ in Finland's store, 700€ difference.

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

True PCWB will probably ship to the EU, but you will get charged all kinds of Import tax etc, aswell as unlocalized Keyboard (More of a problem with Laptops)

6. Flying Dutchman macrumors regular

Oh my poor friend... its all excluding tax. Wish it were true, honestly... :( VAT is sales tax in the UK. Very sorry mate. And just for your notice: becAUse

7. Flying Dutchman macrumors regular

FYI: the UK may not have the Euro as currency, they are definitely in Europe and therefore no import taxes are required