PC World: MacBook Pro = Fastest Vista Laptop

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Just saw this on Digg and got a chuckle out of it... It's sorta sad that it's true, considering the other laptops are "optimized" for Vista, but it does say something about Apple's high end computers, that's for sure. This just adds to the lengthy list of why a Mac over a Windows laptop eh? :rolleyes:

The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year is a Mac. Try that again: The fastest Windows Vista notebook we've tested this year--or for that matter, ever--is a Mac. Not a Dell, not a Toshiba, not even an Alienware. The $2419 (plus the price of a copy of Windows Vista, of course) MacBook Pro's PC WorldBench 6 Beta 2 score of 88 beats Gateway's E-265M by a single point, but the MacBook's score is far more impressive simply because Apple couldn't care less whether you run Windows.
:)

link.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
UK
That. And It's pretty too!

(In fairness the Gateway E-265M ain't that ugly, it's just no MBP is it?)

Comment

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
What a brilliant category

Fastest-looking: Acer Ferrari 5005WLMi

Personally i think the thin sleek MBP looks faster (and actually is)

Comment

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
My slightly out-of-date T7600G Dell XPS M1710 eats the MBP's lunch. So does my X7900 M1730 in a much bigger way. The Sager NP5791 will also for $500 less. So does my Lenovo I believe the last time I checked. The list goes on and on.

I wonder what they review...?

Comment

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Wow. Just wow.

Shows that even those who think they know how to make Vista run faster, don't. :rolleyes:

Go figure. ;)

Comment

InSaNeCyAnUr

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2007
Quebec, Canada
Haha!!! You just made my day even if it's only 2:30 AM.:D

"but the MacBook's score is far more impressive simply because Apple couldn't care less whether you run Windows."

Comment

machatch

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2007
depends
What's the fastest Window$ Vi$ta laptop this year ??
Click for the answer :)

cool.
i was suprised they said/fact : "Battery life was disappointing: Apple pegs it at 5.7 hours on one charge, but in our tests we got less than 2 hours, 45 minutes" - it was however with the best option 4 gb ram in maybe heavy testing..In the other hand the dell xpsm 1730 has only 1.5 half hour testing it to the max.And 1 of the lowest score on the benchmark test like Sony VGN-TXN15P / B(1.2-GHz Core Solo - lol)
had the best battery time...very strange test..you can't really compare 1,2 ghz with a workhorse dual core 2.4 regarding batt test..it's a sea between them..:confused:

Comment
Wow, I've only had my 17" MBP for 6 weeks and it seems that the longer I have it the more I love it.

Not only just in use but in reviews like this that I keep seeing. And it recently won the "Drop Dead Gorgeous Award" from T3 magazine. The good news just keeps coming!

Over 100fps in Doom 3 and Far Cry sounds pretty tempting to get into some portable LAN gaming with my friends. I haven't installed Windows on it yet but I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet now.

I feel proud to be a MBP owner! :D

Comment

Eluzion

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2007
I'm not surprised really. The Macbook Pro is a great machine. I love mine. ;)

The article would have be a lot funnier if Microsoft actually sold computer systems. Vista is just an OS, and a Macbook Pro is just computer hardware packed into a beautiful design. Macbook Pro or Dell, they still are Intel CPUs, Toshiba HDs, Nvidia video cards, and so forth. ;)

I bet the fastest system that runs OS X isn't a Mac (but then again, Apple does have some beefy desktops).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.