PC Worlds Policy on returns?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Harmush, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Harmush macrumors 6502a

Harmush

Does anyone know what PCWorld do for Mac returns?

My macbook is fine, but it was slightly annoying that if i had waited LESS than a week, i could of got a 13" mac book pro, with the Firewire and backlight keyboard ect. and paid LESS overall.

If i take this macbook back saying the battery doesn't hold charge or make something else up, will they want to repair it, or do a straight swap for it?

Has anyone else done this? or got any suggestions.

(for some reason the link above is 404. the shop in question is www.pcworld.co.uk)

2. RetepNamenots macrumors 6502

The return policy is usually 14 days with Apple.

If you went and said that, they'd send it off for repair, you'd be without a laptop for over a week, and then you'd just get it back with them saying that there is no problem.

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If it has been more than 30 days (maybe 15 days, I don't know the policy), you can't return it. The deal with technology is there is always something new and cheaper around the corner. If you don't wait it it YOUR fault. No company should have to bear the weight of your impatience. You bought the machine, it is yours now. You are stuck with it.

4. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

If you return faulty goods back to PC World within 30 days you are given the option of having your money back having the goods replaced.

I know PC World don't have the best reputation but for getting your money back or swapping goods they are pretty faultless.

5. Harmush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Harmush

i know there isnt actually that much difference between the machines, except the firewire, which would of been handy but there is always USB alternatives.

i am more than happy with it, just thought if i could get the upgrade with no hassle, or without doing too much "wrong" i would of considered it.

6. munkees macrumors 65816

munkees

You are in the UK, you have statuary rights, talk to someone at citizens advice, here in the USA it is 14 days, but the UK has way better law for the consumer.

7. Igantius macrumors 65816