PCI link speed not showing

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ScrappyCoco, Sep 2, 2013.

1. ScrappyCoco macrumors newbie

hi i have a gtx 680 4gb in a 5.1 mac pro but im getting a error that says there was an error receiving pci information is there anyway to find out if my link speed is 5.0 instead of 2.5 because i have the latest nvidia drivers installed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

^^^^It's an known issue when using non-flashed (non EFI) Graphics cards. They report an error while trying to gather PCI card information.

I believe the Link Speed on 4,1 and 5,1 is full PCIe speed of 5.0 GT/s. A 3,1 Mac would only show 2.5 GT/s with a non-flashed card.

Lou

3. Studio K, Sep 2, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013

Studio K macrumors 6502

Studio K

I am using a GTX 650 (non-EFI card) and see the same message that you are seeing in System Information>PCI Cards.

I suspect that this is the way it is with non-Apple cards (as Lou pointed out).

4. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

You can download OpenCL OceanWave & Bandwidth Benchmark V 1.61 from here. It'll show the GPU link speed. Another way is to download CUDA Mac driver from NVIDIA site and CUDA-Z. Install CUDA driver before running CUDA-Z, and click the Performance tab to see the link speed in the Host to Device and Device to Host category.

5. ScrappyCoco thread starter macrumors newbie

6. ScrappyCoco thread starter macrumors newbie

i have my card in the second 16x slot and i feel like this card is to heavy and is stressing on the slot by hanging in mid air any suggestions i dont think that metal screw bar does anything

7. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

If you have Windows, flashing this card is very easy; I recommend it.

8. ScrappyCoco thread starter macrumors newbie

How so?

9. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

If you use Windows in Boot Camp, an unflashed GPU only has 2.5GT/s link speed, but EFI-flashed GPU would get 5GT/s speed, same as in OS X. This thread has all the information you need, thanks to Dr. Stealth.