PCI SATA Card that won't break the bank...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Massnegro, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Massnegro macrumors newbie

Aargh, I'm now on my third Ebay bargain buy that won't actually work, (admittedly this last one was my mistake when I bought a PCIx in error).

So, has anyone actually found a PCI SATA card with internal ports that actually works with OSX, I'm using it on a G4 MDD, dual 1.25…

Thanks in advance

Andy

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

FirmTek SeriTek/1S2. At $70 list it's not bargain-basement, but it will work just fine in a G4 with no drivers, and is even bootable. I was using the external-connector version of this card in a G4 533 and 1st-gen G5 tower, where it worked perfectly (including hot-plugging drives). Their support is also good--2 year warranty, and they gladly shipped me a replacement for a noisy fan in an external case I bought from them, to install myself, when I asked.

They sell direct ( http://firmtek.stores.yahoo.net/seseatahoadf.html ) and I think OWC also carries their stuff.

3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

2nd that ! I'm using one of those in my QS nottabproblemo for over 3 years now. Also had them in my Sawtooth & the smurfbox G3 before that.......

Got my current from OWC back when they were about $50 though :)

4. Massnegro thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that..

Thanks for that, ordered one today...