Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gregzilla75

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2020
A client has downloaded and used bespoke software from an online printers to construct his autobiography, he was about 96% finished and almost ready to order when told the company was folding and they couldn't print it for him. He's asked me if I can extract the information in a format he can get printed elsewhere. There is no option to output the pages at all. I've found the root folder and each spread has its own folder which contains a low res sample image, and a .pck file which I cannot open. Thought it might just be a compressed folder that could be extracted but I can't do anything with it on the Mac. Does anyone have any idea/advice???
Thank a lot.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
.pck is a strange filetype to be used for that type of file. That extension is used on Microsoft systems to manage networks:

What is a PCK file?

File used by System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), an application used to administer large groups of Windows computer systems; contains an update package, which can store system and application files; used for updating client systems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.