Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
What are the chances they put a PCMCIA slot back in any new macbooks? It's the one thing preventing me from getting one. I need the slot for my camera's memory card.

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
yg17 said:
Not gonna happen.

Why not get a USB reader for your memory card?

None available. Panasonic P2 cards. They go right in the slot.

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Too bad there aren't readers for them. PCMCIA is going the way of the dodo now. Everything is headed for ExpressCard (the PCIe card slot)

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Silentwave said:
Too bad there aren't readers for them. PCMCIA is going the way of the dodo now. Everything is headed for ExpressCard (the PCIe card slot)

I believe a PCMCIA to ExpressCard adapter is possible, and that someone is developing it. I forget who.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Q What is the Panasonic AJ-PCD10 Drive?

A The AJ-PCD10 is best described as a P2 card reader and writer which may be installed into a 5-inch bay on a desktop PC and used as an internal drive. With an AC adaptor and USB cable, it may also be used as a stand-alone external drive. The AJ-PCD10 can function as an external drive with a laptop PC. Its five PC card slots let you mount up to five P2 cards at the same time. There's a USB 2.0 interface for transferring data at high speeds. You can edit directly onto a P2 card with nonlinear editing software and quickly upload files to a server or copying onto a hard drive.

http://www.p2info.net/p2faq.php

B

JesterJJZ

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Current USB PCMCIA Readers aren't 32bit. :(

Macbook? Macbook pro? Whatever...I'd rather call it a powerbook. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.