PDA Net Not Working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Hello,

I just got the 9.3.3 jailbreak and I am shaking in my boots after finding that Ol' Reliable PDANet seems to be out of commission. The app works, but the client device cannot access the internet (Wi-Fi Hotspot) mode. I am not sure if you have to pay to "Register" for it to actually work, so I am holding off paying.

Can anyone else try/confirm?

Thanks.

2. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

I don't believe it works unless you pay and register. I'm reading mixed reviews on compatibility..... personally I use tetherme. Users are posting that it will work via USB but not over Wi-Fi ( pda )

Tetherme works fine

3. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried MyWi and the computer could not find the MyWi SSID. Down to TetherMe, but can't buy it since Cydia does not allow purchases on 9.3.3 yet.

4. PJ. macrumors regular

How long before in previous new JBs were purchases enabled in Cydia? Not complaining and appreciate it is for our benefit, just curious. Thanks

5. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't remember this happening before. If it did, it was fixed before I used the jailbreak.

6. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

It's happened a time or two when the JB devs drop something saurik wasn't ready for. I've read he's on board with this one so I'm curious also. Won't be much longer. Everyone wants to get paid lol

7. Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

Can you confirm if any of the tethering tweaks work?

Thanks.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It usually takes about a week.

This happened during the 9.0.2 jailbreak too. The reason is to prevent people from buying a tweak and installing it on firmware it's not updated for

When it doesn't work who gets the refund headache? :) Hint: It's NOT you! :D

Saurik is protecting himself. And rightly so. Too many years of jailbreaks where stuff was allowed to be installed when it hadn't been updated and caused problems.

9. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Not personally. Both tetherme and MyWi claim they work, and tetherme is on the compatibility list as a yes. I'm staying on 9.0.2 forever.

10. PJ. macrumors regular

Oh I totally agree it needs to be done and am grateful, just curious :)

11. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Tetherme works for me. I have an unlimited Cricket plan and the personal hotspot toggle doesn't even show up for me normally. After installing tetherme it was there and it works great. I haven't tried mywi but the app told me there was no internet connection even though there was.

12. Jimmy Guphanti, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016

Jimmy Guphanti thread starter macrumors 6502

I just got TetherMe from an old device (the new 1.1.1-1) and it does not work either. I can turn on the hotspot, but the client device cannot access the internet. The same thing happened with PDANet.

Any ideas?

I'm going to make a new thread about this since it seems like it's turned into a different issue.