Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

switchedanhappy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2003
ct usa
I want a pda. what do you guys recommend/hate/use? i want wifi and that's pretty much it. a camera would be nice, and bluetooth too, but not essential.

ozimax

macrumors member
Mar 21, 2004
Nth Coast NSW
IMHO steer clear of CE devices. Palm is the way to go with some pretty outstanding pieces of software for almost any situation - video - MP3 - word processing - voice recording - remote controls - dictionary - Bible - email - photos - database - spreadsheet...you name it

I have had several Palm/Sony (even Psion) PDA's over recent years and the Sony Clie (T665C series in my case) is outstanding. Sony do a lot of things badly (like Vaio etc) but their optics and screens are very good, especially if it is Japanese made. The Japs rule the world with quality, no doubt about it.

Max

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
If you want WiFi, the Palm Tungsten C is pretty cheap right now. Cruise on over to fatwallet.com and do a search. You should be able to find some nice deals.

Opteron

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2004
South Australia
switchedanhappy said:
I want a pda. what do you guys recommend/hate/use? i want wifi and that's pretty much it. a camera would be nice, and bluetooth too, but not essential.

I recomend a notepad and a pencil, or better yet and actual Diary

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
Well, pocketPC devices aren't all bad if they cover your needs. The For example, I use my Toshiba e740 for reading ebooks, browsing the web and reading news using wifi, watching divx movies and as a sort of wireless ipod when I'm around the house (you can stream MP3s and divx movies from your computer's hard drive--very cool). Age of Empires for PPC also isn't bad ;) Besides, Tungsten C doesn't even have stereo output.

<shameless plug> if you're looking to get a PDA, I'd be willing to let go of mine for $250US (325 CAN) since I'm low on cash. Msg me if you're interested </shameless plug>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.