PdaNet Problems iOS5

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by tfyoung, Dec 31, 2011.

1. tfyoung macrumors newbie

Just upgraded to iOS5 on a 3gs. I installed PdaNet 5.30. When I turn on WiFi hotspot, the Activate screen appears. But when I click on Activate the app returns to the previous screen and WiFi hotspot is turned off. I've seen this question asked in other places but haven't seen the answer. I have reinstalled a couple of times with the same result. What am I doing wrong?

2. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

works fine on my iphone 4....when your saying you reinstalled it..as in rebooted the device? mine worked without rebooting...

3. tfyoung thread starter macrumors newbie

By "reinstalled" I mean I went to Cydia, manage, packages and selected PdaNet. Then I selected modify and reinstall. Still got the same result. I've also uninstalled it and reinstalled it. I'm also having trouble with A Better Tap to Unlock. SBSettings and Weather Icon are working.

4. ajohansson macrumors regular

I am having same problem with my iphone 4 since JB on ios 5. On ios 4 i was fine but something is wrong with ios 5.

5. ajohansson macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9Z999 Safari/7534.48.3)

well i searched around the net and heard a reboot would work. the info was correct and pdanet is now working for me.

6. blricks72 macrumors newbie

Upgrade to PdaNet version 5.33

Go to Cydia and upgrade to the new version 5.33 of PdaNet. This will fix the problem. Select "Modify", then "Upgrade".