Pdanet usage charges

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gngan, Jul 29, 2009.

1. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I am planning to install pdanet but there's several things i need to know before doing it. My 3G plan isn't unlimited data usage. I can browse unlimited in iPhone's Safari but whenever i download or upload anything then telecom company will charge me.

If i install pdanet and ONLY use my mac for web browsing then does it consider downloading or uploading stuff?

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

I'm confused by this statement. Who is your carrier?

3. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

i am from Hong Kong and i'm using Vodafone-smartone.

i can web browse unlimited with my iphone but i only have 100mb if i am downloading or uploading stuff. For example, if i am attaching a 10 mb file in a e-mail then i will have 90mb to upload/download for the rest of the month.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

It shouldn't, but if you have some way of monitoring your limited data usage then you should try like a 2MB file to see if they notice.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, what a ripoff. Data is data no matter if its used thru a browser, youtube or email.
    I guess they monitor their customers usage very closelly there.
    Not sure if they'll be able to tell but to be sure dont go over your limit.

6. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

Unfortunately, there's no way i can monitor my usage. i guess loading a website shouldn't use too much mb?

Even though it seems like a rip-off but i only pay around $40USD per month with 1200 mins to anyone/anytime and free SMS to anyone with the same telecom company.