PdaNet's new Stealth Tethering Mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sparky9292, May 6, 2011.

1. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok since AT&T is cracking down on free tethering via MyWi, Pdanet, or TetherMe, Developers are trying to be stealthy about it.

The way you can test if these apps are hidden from AT&T is to actually purchase the metered tethering plan for one month

Then install PdaNet and see if it shows up on your bill.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Doesnt work.
    People that used the latest PdaNet still got the notice.

3. drummr macrumors regular

That doesn't mean it doesn't work, those people could have been using MyWi or TetherMe before switching to PdaNet. Granted, I don't think the method PdaNet uses helps at all.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They said they were using the new pdanet stealth mode that's all.
    Not sure if they used MyWi or tetherme also but doesn't seem like it matters.
    Try it out and let us know if you want.

5. drummr macrumors regular

I'm using the TTL modification and so far no text. I'm not saying that PdaNet works, just saying you can't definitively say it doesn't work just because people got the text using it.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, I'm not gonna bother tethering for not even one kilobyte till further notice.
    Maybe down the road we will know for sure how and what to do in order to go around this n