PDF annotation and search app supporting Google Drive in the cloud

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by csvke, Mar 10, 2014.

1. csvke macrumors newbie

I am looking for an app that I can open any pdf in my Google Drive directly and annotate / search them.

Goodreader is very close but it doesn't support opening files straight from Google Drive. It also cannot fetch files that shared by others in Google Drive environment.

The official Google Drive app does a perfect job in viewing and sharing but I cannot annotate PDFs, and the search function is rather primitive...

2. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

I use iannotate for this task. It works well and has a lot of annotation features. I keep all my PDF articles for work organized on google drive and I don't want to destroy that organization by having to copy files to the iPad and then remember to copy them back to google drive later.

What is nice about iannotate (for me atleast) is that it does not automatically sync. So you can make changes without having to make sure you don't have a copy open on your computer and just sync later. (I work with a large library managed by Papers on my Mac and it is very easily corrupted if I'm editing things in both places at the same time)