PDF App to sync eBooks/PDF Books (bookmarks and notes) across Mac, iOS, Android and Windows?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SSD-GUY, Oct 15, 2016.

1. SSD-GUY macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

Question is in the title really. I own a few Macs for University, and also have an iPhone, android tablet and a windows tablet/laptop hybrid (ASUS T100 Chi).

I want to know if there is an app that will sync my eBooks / PDF books as I am planning on purchasing PDF versions rather than actual textbooks due to cost savings and weight savings.

Furthermore, can the App sync any highlights I make of the PDFs, take down notes (I don't need hand drawn notes, maybe how iBooks allows you to add notes to ebooks, i.e, you can highlight a bit of text and add notes to a popup box) and bookmarks?

I understand iBooks can do this for eBooks, but 95% of the books I plan to purchase are simple PDFs.

Worst case scenario, I can get an iPad if there is no Android app available by selling my Android tablet, and can possibly live without a Windows app, but Mac and iOS are a must as I spend the majority of my time on my Mac and iPhone.

Many thanks!

2. sergioarista macrumors newbie

There are several, first is iBooks it allows you to sync via iCloud, ebook, iBook and pdfs.( free option )
    You can also use PDF Expert and Good Reader both are excellent. I love PDF Expert, but the most complete in the syncing and downloading from network, internet o cloud services definitely is Good Reader. I have them all. The best one for annotations is LiquidText. I have all of them and complement each other very well.