pdf app ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by joshi3joshi, Oct 16, 2007.

1. joshi3joshi macrumors regular

does anyone know of a dedicated pdf app for the ipod touch or iphone? i have heard of PDFVIEWER by erica and it is hosted on nate's site, but has anyone tried it? if so , how well does it work? or does anyone kno of another pdf viewer, or a way to view pdfs?
    (maybe converting somehow and using a different program, but i need a guide . im on windows)

2. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

3. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

its alright, it cant handle very large ones though, it takes a little while to load it, just experiment

4. joshi3joshi thread starter macrumors regular

yea i tried it. it has a lot of potential, takes long times of load, but works great. if this app goes further into development, i could see it becoming very usefl

5. MargeSimpson macrumors member

might be a stupid question, but how do you actually put PDA's on Touch? Does it have to go to one of the folders in PDF application?

6. Lin macrumors member

The PDFs have to be put manually into var/root/Media/PDF (and you need to create this folder).

I tried the PDFViewer application, but it barfs on large PDFs :(

7. yunone macrumors newbie

how do you create this directory on the touch? i have an IPT with 1.11 JB and have pdfviewer but see no way to get to the directory or be able to create a directory

thanks in advance

8. sridherreddy macrumors newbie

i cant see PDF folder in root-media

hi, i downgraded 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 then jailbreak- BDS Subsystem-OpenSSH. I SSH my ipod to add PDF files. But i cant see the PDF folder in Root media. Plz help me. on the root media vera folder it is showing " ? " and i cont see PDF folder but i can see DCIM, Download, iTunes..., AppSnap, com.app..., Disk but not PDF folder???

any hep is highly appreciated.