PDF blurs when zoom in/out in Preview

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by airoswell, Oct 23, 2013.

1. airoswell macrumors newbie

Hi all, I just updated to Mavericks. It feels good but with some little annoying problems. This bothers me the most.

In Mountain Lion zooming/scrolling in Preview does not blur the letters, but it now does in Mavericks. It seems that preview turns what's displaying to jpg during the zooming, and then turn it back to vector graphics. It is common on note-taking apps on iPads, but I didn't expect it also happens on Preview.

Does anyone else have the same issue? I wonder if this is intended or will be fixed later?

2. melapple, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

melapple macrumors regular

I'm having this same issue with large image files in Preview.
    A file I have is about 50MB and 300 dpi. In ML I was able to open and scroll it quickly. Now I have to wait longer for the image to display and even then if I zoom all the way in and then scroll, movement is not smooth and portion of image at first appear pixelated only to be then "fully loaded" and showing with full resolution.

Anyone can help us?

3. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

The blurring of the text while scrolling is really pretty annoying. Especially, since the text is only properly redrawn once you take your fingers completely off the trackpad, even if the view isn't scrolling anymore. Meaning you can't just rest your fingers on the trackpad anymore after scroll events. :( I really hope they'll do something about this. Might have to turn to Skim.app instead for the time being.