PDF editing software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by donnyj, May 13, 2015.

1. donnyj macrumors newbie

Trying to correct some dates and spelling errors on a PDF Resume, I was using adobe acrobat and that worked fine....but was only on a trial. Anything similar that will let me delete date,or change date and few letters here and there that need to be corrected?

I don't want to change format and lose the way the resume looks just a simple editor to edit small things nothing major....

2. donnyj thread starter macrumors newbie

I have actually been checking multiple forums and reading multiple threads with no real luck to anything that actually works....

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Is it your résumé? If so, don't you have the original document? If so, you can edit the original document, then save it as a new PDF.

4. donnyj thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I used a paid site to create it quite awhile ago, and I saved it as PDF . Probably a mistake on my part I guess...but I am stuck...

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can simply copy the PDF and paste it into Word or Pages, reformat it the way you want and make any edits you like, then save it as a PDF. That way you'll have the original editable document and can create PDFs whenever you want. That's a better approach anyway, as your résumé should be adapted for whatever job you're applying for, which may require a different version for different jobs.

6. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

LibreOffice.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That was suggested in one of the threads I linked, but apparently, the OP feels it doesn't meet their needs, for some reason.

8. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

I just summarized for him the one that would do precisely what he wants. :)

9. dyn macrumors 68030

Edit the original file and recreate the pdf or do you just want to say "no" to every possible option out there?

10. donnyj thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you, very much.

----------

Sorry, looked at the first couple links and didn't see anything that worked.

----------

^This doesn't work at all, tried that before I asked anyone.

11. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Hmmm....

Paying $14.99/month for Adobe Acrobat isn't an option?

12. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

Just to clarify what might not be immediately apparent, for simple changes like you probably want to do, the Draw component might be better than the Writer component in LibreOffice. Writer will bring the PDF back to a word processing document and let you/make you reformat it.

----------

That's probably the best suggestion in my opinion because I trust Adobe's PDF implementation the most.