PDF Editor

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pops1368, Nov 14, 2014.

1. pops1368 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am in need of a PDF Editor, having tried the Wondershare PDF Editor (Basic) trial, which I wasn't at all impressed with. I need to be able to move / copy and paste a PDF document from one section to another section of an A4 sheet which has four sticky labels on it.

I know that Adobe do one, but I can't afford the £££/$$$/€€€ they charge.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Sounds like something that the built in Preview might even be able to handle. I often take PDF files to one of my Macs for simple editing for this reason.

B

3. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Can't you use Keynote or Pages to do what you want to do? You can export back to PDF when you are done editing...

4. jdphoto macrumors 6502

jdphoto

If this A4 sheet is in something like word you could open the pdf in Preview, use a custom screenshot (cmd + shift + 4) to take a clip of the pdf you want and paste that into the document. Not ideal, but it'd work.

5. grahamperrin macrumors 601

grahamperrin

+1

£99.95, reduced to £89.95 for Smile customers (and I use their TextExpander product).

Or there's slightly cheaper PDFpen 7.

(Old PDFPen 3.5.2 was extremely pleasing, years ago. I still have it, but don't expect it to work professionally on Mavericks.)

6. Basilfawltyone macrumors regular

Just bought Pdfpen 7 PRO and the matching Pdfpen for iOS, scan+ and TextEditor both Mac and iOS.

Extremely satisfied, its own ECO-system well integrated via iCloud Drive.

Highly recommended!

Extra plus for OCR function on the iOS app and very fast scanning with no need to push buttons when scanning, all automatic.

TextExpander should have been standard in OS X and iOS.

Not cheap but I learned to go with products that has great support and that has been around for some time. Works perfect with Devonthink as well.