PDF Expert 5 is ready for iOS 8

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Readdlemate, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Readdlemate Suspended

Readdlemate

Readdle Inc. has released PDF Expert 5.2 update, which supports iOS 8 and brings great new features and exclusives. PDF Expert 5 now allows users to sync their documents with iCloud Drive and share files between apps with Document Picker.

PDF Expert 5 is a powerful and elegant solution to work with PDFs for those who rely on iPad or iPhone to go paperless. The app helps millions of professionals, students and teachers worldwide to edit PDFs, fill out forms and share files easily. Awesome UI, fast work and pack full of great features make PDF Expert 5 an indispensable part of daily work.

http://vimeo.com/80870187

PDF Expert 5 takes a full advantage of iOS 8 and adds iCloud Drive and Document Picker to access and share files from multiple devices and apps. One can now store all documents in PDF Expert iCloud folder and directly access them from iCloud Drive on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac or PC.

PDF Expert 5.2 brings also new level file management with Document Picker iOS 8 extension. In any Document Picker enabled application users can get access to all PDF Expert files that are outside the iCloud folder.

Touch ID, Apple's fingerprint technology is avaliable in PDF Expert 5 along with iOS 8 to unlock the app instead of a regular passcode.

Advanced features of the newest update are Zoom writing on iPad and AirTurn support.

Zoom writing is a great tool to write with precision. Essentially, it adds the area that zooms in a part of the page to handwrite more on a single page or document margins.

http://vimeo.com/107074401

With AirTurn musicians can turn pages of notes and other documents simply by pressing AirTurn pedals or with bluetooth keyboard arrow keys.

We are happy to hear your thoughts and feedback.

2. Peepo macrumors 6502a

When I open a PDF from a folder on iCloud drive, removing from recents doesn't work and I get a spinning wheel.

Removing from recents has bugs.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
    Sometimes it takes several attempts.

3. Strange Famous macrumors member

I use documents 5 for everything, so maybe I'll have to give PDF expert a spin

4. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

I just used PDF Expert 5 last week to sign some legal paperwork and email them. Worked great!

5. Readdlemate thread starter Suspended

Readdlemate

Hello! Have you tried to delete separate file or to clear Recents tab?

Go to Recents tab > All Recents > tab Clear button in top right.

----------

Glad you enjoy Documents 5! We're sure you'll like PDF Expert 5 too:)

----------

We're very happy to hear PDF Expert 5 is useful for you!

6. sweetstyle macrumors newbie

Can I easily convert an email to a PDF with a safari shortcut in Documents and PDF Expert?

7. Readdlemate thread starter Suspended

Readdlemate

8. infantrytrophy macrumors regular

1. What are the major differences between Documents by Riddle and PDF Expert 5?

2. Why do you need a separate app to convert a file or webpage to PDF? If PDF Expert 5 is a file/PDF manager, why does it not have a convert to PDF function?

9. Cptnodegard macrumors 6502

1: Documents is, initially, much more simple. It's centered around browsing any type of file, and has a lot less features than PDF Expert for PDFs - but more for e.g. audio files. HOWEVER, Documents inherits the features of PDF Expert 5 if you own it, so that you then get the best of both in one app, and you basically hide PDF Expert 5 in a folder or something and use Documents with PDFE's features.

2: Money, I'm guessing. PDF conversion isn't a standard feature of PDF annotation apps, and generally require you to have a completely separate app. There are also features to it that warrants it being a standalone app, e.g. convert to PDF from Safari. However it integrates into Documents if you have it, so Documents + PDFE5 + PDF Converter is a completely integrated solution.

10. Peepo macrumors 6502a

11. Readdlemate thread starter Suspended

Readdlemate

Thanks a lot for the info! Glad it works well for you now!