PDF expert/mail question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Evan becker, May 26, 2017.

1. Evan becker macrumors member

Hey guys this is my first post here so I don't know if this belongs on the iPad or iOS section but anyway I'm confused about pdf expert. I will annotate a PDF and export it to iCloud . From there I'll email it using the mail app and I'll notice that the annotations don't show up? However I have asked the person who received the email and they said the annotations do indeed send. Is this just a problem with mail app where it doesn't show the annotations? Any help would be appreciated

2. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I have noticed that sometimes the annotations take a moment to load up when viewing PDFs in the mail app. Just let it stay on your screen for a few seconds and it should show up.

3. Evan becker thread starter macrumors member

Ok thanks I will do that. It was very frustrating

4. Evan becker thread starter macrumors member

this did not work. I have the annotated forms in the pdf expert app and when I want to send them I will go to mail and upload them from icloud. Its wierd because the people I send it to get the annotations but I cannot see them when I send it

5. ericwn macrumors 68000

If the annotations show for the recipients - what app do they use to view? Maybe it's something simple like Mail in iOS being unable to display them?

6. alecgold macrumors 65816

alecgold

Annotations are in a separate layer.
    You could also try to "flatten" the document when you mail it from PDF expert that way it's not a separate layer anymore and every program can see the annotations.