pdf files in iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zoran, Sep 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. zoran macrumors 68030

How can i transfer a pdf file from my my web based email account to my iPhone?

2. machtv macrumors regular

you should be able to just email to your iphone right?

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah, but after I email it, how can i save the pdf inside my iPhone so later on I can use it?

4. machtv macrumors regular

why not just leave the pdf file on the email and when you need to access it you do so via the email? but to specifically answer your question the problem is that apple doesn't let you access the file system part of the iphone. so in theory the file is probably stored somewhere inside the iphone you just can't access it. so much for great apple slogan "it just works" because in this case it doesn't. atleast i don't know of a way to do it. maybe someone eles has a way and will chime in.

5. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

I need to upload the pdf file in a web form, so that's why I wanted it to be somewhere in my iPhone!

6. machtv macrumors regular

7. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Well i need to upload pdf documents to the iCloud drive.

8. menist macrumors regular

menist

What I do is have iBooks installed, then have my email setup in iOS. That way when I open an attached pdf in my email, it opens up and saves in iBooks.

9. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

You can open that PDF in mails app, and save it to some other apps. If that app supports share sheet, which means you can select any file stored in that app, you are able to use that PDF into your web form.

10. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Sounds like the problem is more your own ignorance.

Anyways, to the OP's question, open the pdf file in a pdf reader app. I recommend either documents, pdf expert or notability.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Or even the built-in iBooks.

12. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I can't recommend iBooks. No annotation features, plus it's practically impossible to export pdf files once they are in iBooks.

With a document container app such as documents, I can easily share them with other people with the tap of an icon, even whatsapping the file if need be.

Seriously, try documents. It's free and you won't regret it.

Documents 5 - File system, PDF reader, media player and cloud manager by Readdle
    https://appsto.re/sg/Vw_Vv.i

13. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

I got Adobe Reader, but okay say i open it,what is next?

14. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

You have to get the pdf into the app first.

In the email, open the pdf and tap on "open in", followed by the app of your choice.

Then open that app and the file should be inside, ready for your perusal.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

What are you trying to do? To save something into it or to get something that is already saved in it?

16. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm trying to save pdf files from my web based email account into my iPhone.

17. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

To do this I also highly recommend you use Documents. This app even supports iOS 9 item picker, which essentially allows you to choose anything app supports to upload.

Adobe reader is not designed for this purpose.

18. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Are you referring to "Documents 5"?

Isnt that strange? No?

19. tj.varone macrumors newbie

tj.varone

A TIP a while back from Apple on the attachment pdf. Touch the attachment and it will pop up a list....then pick save attachment to iCloud There you have it

20. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

I do click on the pdf attachment BUT iCloud isn't there. Am I doing something wrong?

21. tj.varone macrumors newbie

tj.varone

Long tap on the PDFs.....then you should see save attachment. When you do this it should bring up the iCloud. Will say something. Like export file here

22. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Its not happening on my web based e-mail (yahoo) :-(

23. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Yes, I refer to "Documents 5".
    I say that because that app is basically just a PDF viewer. Nothing more. Plus you cannot open PDF stored inside Adobe Reader, which would not help you use your PDF to fill form.

24. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

I use Tiny Scanner+ - but I have a feeling my usage may not fit yours. I scan TONS of papers into PDF and use this to email/upload PDFs to my cloud storage.

To Store PDFs? Google Drive or iCloud or Spideroak or any cloud service. iCloud is probably easiest for sending/saving PDFs in my experience.

Yeah, I just installed Yahoo Mail and sent myself a PDF ... no option to "share" it to iCloud. Only OneDrive and Google Drive. How interesting.

25. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

PDF files can be saved to iBooks to view. (In my experience) I have have not tried seeing if it saves to iCloud Drive