.pdf files open as blank pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by frash3, Dec 27, 2009.

1. frash3 macrumors newbie

hi i have recently been having trouble opening .pdf files properly. they open but they are all blank pages. they open as blank files in "preview", it doesnt open at all using adobe digital additions and through microsoft word i get gibberish or i get pop ups that say "word cannot open this document. the document might be in use or might not be a valid word document" ive downloaded over 5 times and each time i try with all three options and i get the same thing.

i tried to pull it into iArchiver but that also didnt work.

the file ends with .pdf

also although several other documents have done the same thing i know something is not completely wrong with my .pdf thing or any of those applications because other pdf files do open.

i tried to give as much information right at the beginning so forgive me if its too long.

ps. im sort of a newbie at the mac os system.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Whether on Windows or the Mac, Word requires an Adobe plug-in to handle .pdf files. Without the required plug-in, you will not open .pdf files in Word.

The Adobe app used to read .pdf files is Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.

Understand this: Even though PDF is suppose to be a standard, its implementation very much depends on the developer. Without a link to your specific file source, we are left to guess about the cause of your problem.

3. frash3 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks sooo much for replying so quickly!! i appreciate it a lot!

so i downloaded adobe reader to see if that would work but i get a pop up message saying:

"This document requires digital rights management (DRM) features supported by Adobe Digital Editions. Would you like to open it in Digital Editions now?"

then either it goes to the adobe website when i press no...when i press yes...it goes to the digital editions application but it doesnt open that document..it just shows me my other ebooks.

unfortunately i cant give you a direct link. :S