PDF files won't upload to internet page

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrpawn, Feb 2, 2009.

1. mrpawn macrumors newbie

I am scanning court documents to be uploaded to an online claim filing system. I am scanning as an image as this is the only way I can get it to save on my macbook. I'm saving the file as a PDF, but when I try to upload the image I get an error that says this is not a PDF file. I've check "get info" & it says just what the file extension says...it's a PDF file. The guy at the apple store told me to try chosing Print & save to PDF to reduce the size of the file (which really isn't big - 12.1 mb), but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Do I need special software or something?:confused:

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Your scanner should have the option to scan the documents into PDF form. By scanning them as an image you are changing a Jpeg or PNG to a PDF. Your Mac will be able to read them but due to the conversion it may be causing the error.
    I have a Canon scanner and the software allows for scanning directly into PDF form. Check your scanning preferences.

3. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

is there an actual ".pdf" on the end? Mac can recognize the filetype automatically but windows-based computers require the ".pdf" extension to know what it is.

4. Wikinerd macrumors 6502

What app are you using?

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

This has nothing to do with Windows. The OP can't upload his file to a website because he converted the image file to PDF. The file needs to be scanned into the computer as a PDF, not an image file.