PDF from Excel?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by alexstjo, Apr 20, 2016.

1. alexstjo macrumors member

I need to be able to turn my spreadsheet quotes to PDF on excel. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this from the iPad excel app. so my ? is how are you all doing it?

thanks
    Alex

2. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

In the [unlikely] event I'd need to do that, I'd use my Mac, open in Excel, Print >> PDF.

That being said, you could either use an additional app from the App Store (I see a couple with this functionality), or use an online service (where you'd upload the file and download the PDF conversion).

3. serkan macrumors 6502

serkan

What about opening the file in Numbers and exporting it to PDF ?

4. ahostmadsen macrumors 6502a

I use "PDF converter." I have used it with word, but not excel yet.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Wait a minute, Office apps don't have a way to convert to PDF? Seriously? Really? I use that function in iWorks all the time!

6. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

There is actually. Use the share link (upper right corner) and choose Send Attachment. You can either email it as a Workbook or a PDF. I do it all the time and it works great.

7. Peepo macrumors 6502a

You don't have to email... Send Attachment, PDF, Send a Copy and you can then even send to OneNote, Dropbox or Notes. Sort of strange that cannot save to OneDrive though.

What you can do is quickly send to Notes and then from there can do more with it like send copy to PDF Expert, GoodReader, iBooks etc. etc... Still would be nice to be able to do all this directly from Word or Excel though but can use Notes as an intermediate workaround.

8. alexstjo thread starter macrumors member

thank you!

9. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

No problem.