PDF From Powerpoint 08 OS X

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by LERsince1991, Apr 20, 2009.

1. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

So I've done a powerdpoint document which is about 65 pages for my product design.

When I export a PDF from powerpoint for mac it comes out without errors but all the colours are dull and shadow effects on the photos are bad... When I export all the slides in a picture format such as tiff's then combine the tiffs into a PDF document the document comes out much better.

The file was originally created on a pc but not sure if this would affect anything.

What can I check to improve the PDF output from powerpoint? I have CS4 installed and Acrobat Pro in it although I don't think its needed for this.

Any suggestions?

2. Bunsen macrumors member

You could try "saving as pdf" from the Print menu, that has always given me good results. It helps if you set a custom paper size that is the size of your slide, and has zero margins, or else you will get big white margins around each slide.

3. LERsince1991 thread starter macrumors 65816

OK that seemed to help. I printed to pdf with a custom paper size. Looks better quality but the first page has nothing on except the background? :S

any settings that tell objects not to print?