PDF help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by southpaw17, Oct 13, 2008.

1. southpaw17 macrumors member

For class I have to download IRS forms from their website and fill them out. For some reason, it says I cannot save them on my computer. All of my classmates can save them on PCs, but even with the adobe software, I cannot save them. Is there anything I can do to save them, or can you only save on Windows?

Thanks for any help.

2. hughvane macrumors 6502

hughvane

What OS version are you working with, what browser are you using, and what are the download preferences of it? In some browsers, Option-click<>download automatically saves the d/load to your specified folder or location.

If the .pdf documents are online-accessible only (unusual these days - but then it is IRS [or our IRD]) - then you will have to complete it online and ask for a copy to be sent to you by email attachment.

If you do manage eventually to download a .pdf doc successfully, and you start to fill it out at your computer, don't forget to Save As or Save A Copy As (not just Save).

An Afterthought - do you have cookies enabled in your browser? If not, allow them from IRS. They're not sinister in any way.