Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobertFord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2009
Hello,
I would like to programatically sign a PDF document and I wonder if there is a library for that. I know there is the PDF Kit but the latter allows only graphical manipulation.

In Java, there is iText so I'm looking for something similar.

Thanks,

R.F.

bobrik

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2007
Prague, Czech Republic
I would like to programatically sign a PDF document and I wonder if there is a library for that.

In Java, there is iText so I'm looking for something similar.

I would like to find such library as well.

JSignPdf is a Java app that uses Java standard Keystore API for accessing keys/certificates and the mentioned iText library for doing the actual signing. Works great on Windows, but it's problem on Mac is that it can only list one key from login Keychain. So if you have multiple keys (certificates), you still get a list with single key, and this is due to a bug in Java's KEYCHAINSTORE Keystore implementation for Mac. Should work with signing from exported key in PKCS format, but that's nasty (against the comfort given by Mac's Keychain Access.app).

So I too would love to see some native (C(++)) PDF signing library that works on OS X so that I can write a signing app using this library + Cocoa.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.