pdf manager

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peterce, Jan 25, 2009.

1. peterce macrumors newbie

Hi

Like most people I have a lot of pdf files. Do any of you know of a pdf manager that can bookmark individual pages? Example: I have 200 pdf files describing vintage cars. File 1/page 2, file 16/page 12, and file 55/page 5 describe 1925 Ford Model T Touring. I'm looking for at manager that can group these files (I guess all managers can do this) and add bookmarks to the individual pages. Does a manager like this exist?

Regards
    peterce

2. extralarge macrumors member

Peterce, I was looking for the same thing as you were, google for the answers, and finally, I solved this matter, hope I could help you and others solve the matter too. I use iDocument as the PDF manager,I believe the other applications can do it too, and iDocument supports smartfolder function that allows you to create a folder contains the documents with related information or keywords. Then, I create different smart folders of each keywords to sort the documents. In your case, you can set the smart folder condition as 'contains keywords Vintage and Ford seperately', then name the first smart folder as 'Vintage', and another can be named as 'Ford'. After you created these two smart folders, you'll be able to find all Vintage related documents in the Vintage folder, and as well as the 'Ford' one.

hmm..., hope I explained it clearly - -!

3. macgrl macrumors 65816

i use idocument too. it is great for my needs:)