PDF Organizer?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Reservation, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Reservation, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

Reservation macrumors member

So I have a lot of PDFs lying around and was wondering if there was any application out there that can help me organize them all into one centralized location.

I'd prefer a free application that kept these PDFs private (i.e. I don't want to save them on different servers). I think apps like Yep, Papers, and Mendeley are a bit too powerful for what I'm looking for. I just need something simple with a basic UI.

2. gorjan macrumors 6502

Have you looked at Papers by Mekentosh?

3. Reservation thread starter macrumors member

In my post, I meant to say Papers instead of Pages. Let me edit that.

4. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

5. jahala macrumors regular

iTunes can organize PDF files. Since you already have it, I recommend you give it a shot to see how you like it.

Personally, I just save PDF files with descriptive names in appropriate folders on my hard drive. Works great. With music, movies, and ebooks, I say to myself "I want to (listen,watch,read) right now." However, most PDF files contain information that supports other activities, so I just save the PDF file with the other files that support that activity.

6. campasoft macrumors newbie

7. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Thanks.

8. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Are their any known bugs?

9. ArchiMark macrumors 6502

Looks interesting and useful...will give your beta a try....

Until this thread, I hadn't thought this 'organizing PDFs' was an issue compared to organizing other documents; ie, MS Word, Excel, or other docs...understood desire to organize music and photo files...but like earlier poster, just filed other docs in file folders by subject....