PDF Password Protected? Really?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mirmir, Dec 31, 2008.

1. mirmir macrumors newbie

Hi MacRumors!

So, I'm trying to make a Power Point. I have Office 2008, and my goal is to place PDFs onto slides. However, every time I chose the pdfs I would like, it says they are password protected by the owner. The issue here is that:
    1.) I am the owner.
    2.) I am the creator.
    3.) I did not ever set a password.
    The same thing happens in Illustrator CS3. Except this time, Illustrator asks for the password to the documents. I've tried everything. It doesn't exist.
    On the other hand, Preview can open these documents up in a second, and doesn't mention anything about them being protected.

I called Apple Care and they just told me it had something to do with "Excel". Sigh. And Microsoft told me to call Adobe. I have no idea why, the PDFs weren't made using any Adobe products. Anyways. I'm kind of under a time constraint here, so any help you have would be fantastic.

Thank you.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

you could just use a bootleg solution; open the pdf in Preview and take a screen shot, then use the resulting .png in PowerPoint. You can crop it in Preview by selecting the area you want to save and pressing Cmd+K .

3. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

No need. Open the PDF in Preview and use Save As to save it with a new name. DRM removed. It really is that simple.

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Stupid question. If you are the owner and the creator of the .pdf's, where are the original files?