PDF Printer for iPad and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Dar-soft, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Dar-soft, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

Dar-soft macrumors member

Dar-soft

pdf_100x100.png

Saving to PDF is called “printing to PDF”. That’s why we called our converter to PDF - PDF PRINTER .It means that with this tool you can save documents to PDF and share them easily right from your iPad (iPhone).

mzl.hfriqhky.480x480-75.jpg

September 1 we released update for PDF PRINER for iPad (iPhone) with Dropbox account synchronization inside.

PDF Printer for iPhone
    PDF Printer for iPad

PDF PRINTER allows you to convert documents of lots of formats such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Pages, Numbers, Keynote files as well as Photos and Contacts to Adobe PDF format on the iPad (iPhone).

Once installed PDF Printer appears in the “Open In…” list for many popular file types. So you can convert attachments from Mail, documents opened with Safari and even official Dropbox and MobileMe iDisk applications. You can also copy documents to PDF Printer via USB cable using iTunes File Sharing.

mzl.mvtgxudr.480x480-75.jpg

To save Web pages into PDF you can use internal Web-browser. You can open, preview and convert to PDF HTML or any other web page. This allows you to view saved pages later in the same form as they were displayed in your browser, even if you are not able to connect to the Internet by some reason. Moreover, you can save any web page to PDF and then copy it to another device using iTunes, for example to your Mac for detailed analysis. Also you can send saved pages instead of just URLs to be sure that recipient would see them just the same way as you in your browser.

mzl.ocwglggp.480x480-75.jpg

Save to PDF and share:
    • Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents
    • Word, Excel and PowerPoint files
    • Photos
    • Pictures and Texts from Clipboard
    • Contacts
    • Web Pages

mzl.rjmtukmh.480x480-75.jpg

With PDF PRINTER you can:
    • Open files from official Dropbox, MobileMe iDisk and other cloud storage applications
    • Transfer documents from desktop computers
    • Copy & Paste notes from the Notes application
    • Open documents from Mail and Safari
    Converted PDF files can be opened in iBooks for best reading experience. Also, you can send PDFs by e-mail, open in other apps and even transfer to computer over USB using iTunes File Sharing.

We have 5 promo-codes for PDF Printer on iPad and iPhone (the expiration date is October, 1) please contact pr@dar-soft.com for codes.

http://dar-soft.com/

2. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Promo-codes

Left 2 promo-codes for iPad and 3 for iPhone

3. epicmar macrumors regular

Very useful app for converting non-PDF files to PDF so they can be viewed, searched, or annotated with apps like Goodreader or iAnnotate. So far it works well with Word, PowerPoint (chokes sometimes on long PPTXs), photos, contacts, and web pages. Nice simple, clean interface. Does a better job keeping the original pagination than one of it's competitors and I think it costs about 1/2as much. I thank Dar-Soft for the promo code to try out a very useful, nicely done app.

4. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Thank you, epicmar, for your feedback.
    Now we are working on improving of our app

5. Dar-soft, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Columbus Day

Honoring the great Christopher Columbus which discovered Americas, in Columbus Day we are offering you a huge discount on our PDF converting tool - PDF Printer. Discover all abilities of this product for the price of 0.99 USD.

PDF Printer for iPhone

PDF Printer for iPad

pdf_printer128.png

6. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Just purchased. Just what I have been looking for!

7. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Price in US would be 0.99 USD.

8. package5 macrumors newbie

I downloaded the app for iPhone. All I have to say is that it is just what I was looking for. I love that I can convert web pages to pdf so that I can read them anytime I want. Whenever I purchase anything online with my phone, now I can save the confirmation pages as pdf and load them in to iBooks. My only problem is that whenever I load the web browser it goes right to the dar-soft.com homepage and I can't cancel it loading nor can I change the homepage.

9. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

We have already fixed the problem you've mentioned. In the next update you'll be able to set your own homepage.

10. mrrish macrumors regular

mrrish

A good app. I do not know which came first, but this is very similar in function and design to Readdle's PDF Converter. I feel like this app does a little bit more, with actual integration of dropbox within the app. I also like the built in browser functionality (useful for PDFing websites with usernames and passwords).

Something I want in any PDF app is the ability control scaling of the final document (0%-100%). This is more of a wishlist item and not a gripe with this particular app.

11. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

PDF Printer 1.7.0

We are happy to announce the release of the new version of PDF Printer with the support of iOS 5! PDF Printer 1.7.0 is already available in the AppStore!

12. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Thanks! We will consider your suggestion! ;)

13. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

All apps cost .99

Only today all our apps cost .99
    Don't miss it!

14. Onemorerun macrumors member

PDF Provider...

Just bought PDF Provider. Useful tool, especially for quickly converting then merging PDFs.

I think better integration with Safari would be key. For example, an added extension to the web address converts the page you are in. I believe IAnnote does this as well as a couple others. Your ability to quickly merge PDFs would then put you on top.

Better would be if you could make this process into a favorite button to PDF while in safari. Read It Later does this with their app when you save/send things to read later. Its pretty slick.

15. epicmar macrumors regular

Do any of your products provide for converting/printing the body of an email message to a PDF file? I know you can handle the attachments.

16. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Converting email messages

To convert the body of email you can select it and copy to the clipboard. Then go to PDF Printer and open Clipboard section. View and convert it.

17. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

PDF PROvider vs PDF Printer

PDF Provider is our another app!
    The topic can be found here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1227631

PDF Provider update is scheduled on the middle of November. The features you are described will be there

18. epicmar macrumors regular

I checked the Dar-soft apps yesterday in iTunes and they had regular prices although the description indicated that they were on sale for $.99. I would have purchased 2 or 3 of the apps if they were actually available for $.99. Did anyone find them on sale for $.99?

19. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

sale issue

We sent a request to the AppStore to cut the prices during the whole day on October 20th. The reason why the price went back to the original earlier than it should is unknown. Well, apparently AppStore also has some problems from time to time.

20. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Recently one of the biggest and well-known sources about Mac computers, iPhones, iPads and iPods, MacWorld has published an article about Dar-Soft PDF Printer application and its extreme usability.

You can read the Macworld's article here

21. Dar-soft, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

PDF Printer in Retina Quality

We are excited about the release of the new iPad and congratulate all iPad users with this new arrival! As you may already know, the new iPad is coming with the Retina display, which adds even more bright experience and requires that all iPad applications come to the next quality level.

For the moment, our top PDF converting app (PDF Printer) and wireless printing application (Print Utility) got the new Retina-quality user interface and will be released on the App Store in the nearest time.

All our iPad applications, which are currently available on the App Store, supposed to run smoothly on new iPad with retina display, so we are not supposing any problems with this display support.

[​IMG]

22. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Our team has started to work on the GREAT update of Dar-Soft's PDF converting tools: PDF Printer, PDF PROvider and Web To PDF!
    Watch for updates!

23. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

PDF Printer 2.0.0

The new 2.0.0 version of PDF Printer application for both iPhone and iPad is already available on the App Store.

What's New in Version 2.0.0
    - Improved iOS 6 compatibility
    - Added Messages converting
    - Added merge and split PDFs, reorder pages
    - Improved internal web browser
    - Added printing to AirPrint printers

Additionally the application is now iOS 6 compatible and the iPhone version of PDF Printer is optimized for iPhone 5!

24. Dar-soft thread starter macrumors member

Dar-soft

Meet us at Macworld/iWorld 2013 in San Francisco!

Dear Users,

Hope you had an amazing holiday season! We’d like to start the Year 2013 with an exciting announcement:

This year DAR Software is exhibiting at Macworld/iWorld, traditionally held at Moscone Center, San Francisco, on January 31st through February 2nd.

We are anxious about the opportunity to meet you there in person! We invite you to come and chat with DAR Software team at booth #448! You will have a chance to see our brand- new robust service, share the joyful second anniversary of our company that luckily falls on February 2nd, and participate in a holiday Sweepstake!

We have a limited number of FREE Expo Hall passes to give away. Claim yours now, quantities are limited!

http://win.enthusem.com/sites/iworld/2013/re?c=darnyhyv10564_105

Follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ to learn more about upcoming announcements.

See you in San Francisco!

DAR Software Team