Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Lately I have been unable to print PDF files from my Mac. When I try to print a PDF file I can see a process called "dclfinder" start up. This process goes into an endless 100% cpu loop and I never get to see any printout. I have removed and re-installed the latest printer driver and also replaced the printer cable to no avail. The problem occurs whether I try to print from PDF Expert, or OSX Preview, or Chrome or Safari. I am still able to print .TXT files and image files and printing from OSX Pages works OK. This suggests to me that the problem is not hardware-related. I am now inclined to think the problem lies in macOS but I don't know who to turn to for more insight or a solution.

I am running macOS Sierra 10.12.2 on a mid-2011 iMac (3.1GHz Intel Core i5 with 20GB of RAM).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

mrun

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
Further analysis of my problem indicates that it appears to be limited to some (but not all) PDF files generated for download from Wikipedia. So the problem is not as severe as I first thought, but it is still puzzling and I would welcome comments and advice from those more knowledgeable than me (potentially quite a large group).

Also, has anyone else encountered difficulty printing PDFs generated from Wikipedia?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.